Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dairy of A Half-Day Volunteer

Well....
no chance go to Port Dickson...
discussion plan for informative speech due to certain problem being cancelled...
no mood to study calculus...
therefore...
this weekend is the most lonely weekend...
but suddenly...
my senior--Seak messaged me....
asking me whether wanna join them to go to a orphanage as the Buddhist Tzu-Chi Volunteer....
before this I rejected because of the reasons above...
but maybe God wanna let me to do some charity work...
so...
I changed my mind...
I decided to join them....

when I reached there...
looking into the baby room...
I thought not many of the baby...
but...
oh my God...
there are about 8 baby beds...
every bed is quite big...
and every beds have maximum 3 babies...
and mostly just about 1-6 months babies....
really sad when I saw that....
they all don't have parents...
can you imagine you born without your parents beside you???

then...
it is the time for us to accompany others children...
they are being divided into various small group...
one of the volunteer will take care of 3 to 4 children...
teached them how to complete a card through some pasting and gumming....

well....
I don't know whether I'm lucky or unlucky...
I have to take care of 4 children...
as we know...
they are orphan...
no parents...
no one will teach them manner properly...
as one of the senior said...
a child that grow up in this kind of environment...
their ego-ness is much more greater than a normal child...
as a result...
it's really hard to control them...
they can't stand sharing things with others....
just a short waiting to take turn to use the scissors..
they will also end up in a fight...

by the way...
one of the little girl in my group--Tasha...
she was crying the whole process of doing the card...
nobody understand and knows why she was crying...
she just kept crying and crying...
many seniors asked her why...
she replied you with her cry...
just taking care of her...
comfort her...
advice her to finish the card...
I nearly freak out...
and...
really exhausted...
but another girl--Sofiah...
she is very obedient and will listen to your instructions...
another girl--Salini...
she just ran away and I've no idea where she go...
until the activity ended...
I still can't find her....
~sweat~

after being a volunteer here...
I just know how lucky, how fortunate am I...
I can have my lovely parents always besides me...
I can have my sis and bro...
I can have a chance to grow up in a good environment...
I can have a chance to study until this stage...
I should cherish all of them...
hope this dairy of a volunteer will enlighten you all...
out there...
there are so many people that is living in a quite bad condition...
therefore...
no matter what no matter how...
we should cherish every single thing that appear in our life...
appreciate it....
because maybe someone will not have the chance to get all that...

p/s: during the activity...I saw a girl...crawling on the floor...not a baby...a child...she is crawling just because she has no legs...T_T

p/s: thanks Seak for fetching me...感恩....^^

4 comments:

Waniefa said...

waa u went to orphanage??
msti syok kn??
charity work not bad huh?
hihi..yup2 we must b thankful la..
still av parents to take care of us..
when i'm in plkn,I went to the oku place..
n our activties more or less same wit u there..
im very hapi got da chance to b wit them eventhou juz 4 few hours..
im so glad =]

heqing said...

yup2...
but really tired la...
you know kids la...
sure will running here and there....
>.<
me too...
although just half-day...
but really glad to be with them....
^^

fakhruddin said...

i also got this kind of experience when i was in plkn - went to rumah orang tua2. quite sad la. our mom and dad know what's the best! =]

heqing said...

to udin:
ek....
come back ady ke???
yup2...
we are so lucky and fortunate...
when looking at that girl with no legs...
i really feel like wanna cry...
but no time to cry...
because i've to take care of the crying girl....
=_=""